Daryl, Shop Owner, Certified Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

where is the crankshaft position sensor on a 2002 3.8L motor

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Daryl replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What make and model is your Car?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
2002 Chrysler Town & Country van 3.8L motor.
Expert:  Daryl replied 8 years ago.

Pic below,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This is odd. I found the sensor, but it looks nothing like the part I bought from Advance Auto. The sensor on the block is a 2-wire, the one I bought is 3-wire.

The vehicle won't start, and there is no current from the sensor...I'll guess I'll pull the old sensor and see what I can match.

Any other ideas?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hmm.... what the diagram show is actually the anti-knock sensor, or at least that's what shows in the parts diagram.

Any ideas?

Expert:  Daryl replied 8 years ago.
That is not the knock sensor the knock sensor is usually on the head. You may not be going low enough the sensor should be a bit below the exhaust manifold.