Tristan Franklin
Tristan Franklin, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  8yrs. exp. engine repair performance brakes electrical air condition
10186415

2007 Pontiac: GS..GT..convertible..a rattling noise..right rear

I own a 2007 Pontiac GS GT hardtop convertible. There is a rattling noise in the right rear quarter panel area. Dealer is not helpful. Car sounds like I''m driving a popcorn machine on wheels. I''ve been told by the dealer there is a 20 page bulletin out regarding these rattles. I am suspicious of this info. Also told the matter can be improved but not fixed. Rattle is not heard when right door is opened while slowly driving. Other rattles exist in and around the rear seat. Also, lots of torque steer going on when getting on it. Seems unusual. Anybody with any experiences with these situations?Thank you, John
Category: Car
Expert:  Tristan Franklin replied 8 years ago.
ok the repairs i have made to these g5 convertibles for a rattling noise that fix them most of the time (90%) is just simply lubricate the location pin by the door latch when you open the door, it's about 1 inch long, black, and it goes inside the hole when you close the door. unfortunately there is no pictures available for this component but if you look at the door with it open you will see the 1 inch black stud, all you need to do is lubricate it (we use GM super lube spray) and the noise will be gone, this is the repair that i have always use to fix those rattles. the other times i remove the panels and add a little more padding but it's very very very rare i have to go this far. good luck. i hope i helped and please accept my answer. thanks T-MAN