Doc Automotive
Doc Automotive, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Re-Certified Technician/Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Technician/27 yrs.Experience,All Makes

olds achieva: My blinkers wont work..clicker..steering column

Customer Question

My blinkers won''t work on my ''95 Olds Acheiva. I was told to change the "clicker", a silver part underneath the steering column. I changed it and they still won''t work. How do I get them to work?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim West replied 8 years ago.
Hi what size motor?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Tim West's Post: I believe it's a V6. I was told it is a cop engine.
Expert:  Tim West replied 8 years ago.
If the lights illuminate but not flash, you need to replace the flasher. under the hood
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Tim West's Post: They won't even turn on. When you turn your blinker on, it clicks on the inside with the arrow flashing. It won't even do that. So nothing happens when I turn on my blinkers or hazards.
Expert:  Doc Automotive replied 8 years ago.
Hi, Doc here, GM expert. I noticed Tim is offline, and you are on line, so, first, check the turn signal fuse in the passenger compartment fuse block. If that 20 amp fuse is good, then the combo, multifunction switch has failed. Here is the service info on how to replace that part. Removing the negative battery cable will ensure the airbag system has been disarmed.graphic