Doc Automotive
Doc Automotive, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Re-Certified Technician/Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Technician/27 yrs.Experience,All Makes
9509500

How do I change an ignition rotor on a 91 mercedes 190 2.3 litre

Category: Car
Expert:  Doc Automotive replied 8 years ago.
Hi, Doc here, MBZ expert. Here are those instructions. There may be a lock screw on the side of the rotor. Carefut to use a socket, and not a screwdriver to avoid stripping.graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Doctor Automotive's Post: Where would that lock screw be located. I have pulled the cap off and can see the rotor but I can not see any lock screw. There is only a small amount of the rotor stem showing and then there is a dust cover that I can lift up a little but can not remove until the rotor is off
Do you have the new rotor?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
not yet I have to pick it up in about an hour because it had to be ordered. So I was just trying to figure it out prior to getting it. I have always thought there was just a lock screw however I do not see one.
If the rotor you purchase has a lock screw, you will see it one the new one. If not, grab the rotor with a channel locking pliers, and gently tap the pliers til it comes off. There were two different distributors that came in these cars. Some of them are a bear to get off.