Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

Pickup: check engine light..acceleration..drives..the pedal

I was driving my car yesterday, and out of the blue, my check engine light when on, and the car''s pickup/acceleration suddenly decreased still drives, but you have to put the pedal much further down to get acceleration. Any ideas?
Hi there!The first thing to do is have the computer scanned.The fact that the light is on means the fault left a code.Autozone and many other parts stores will read the code for free.Once you have the code read it will help in the diagnosis.From what you are describing it sounds like it could be a bad mass air flow sensor or a throttle position sensor problem.Really tough to tell without the code.Hope this helps!Thanks