Dennis, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified since 1988. Washington State certified Phase II Emissions Specialist. Shop Owner

2002 lincoln navigator: is thear a fues for the alternator

Customer Question

is thear a fues for the alternator and if so what number is XXXXX and location 2002 lincoln navigator 5.4 ltr.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dennis replied 8 years ago.
Hi ! Thanks for your question. There are 3 fuses that need to be checked. Fuse #11 is a 20 amp, 111 is a forty amp which means it is what's called a "fusible link". Then fuse #30, a 30 amp is in the central junction box. Look for black plastic boxes under the hood near the battery. Take the lid off. I don't know what kind of problem you're having. If you tell me I may be able to guide you to a solutionCustomer Thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
problem is my alt bat light wont go off and i have replaced batt plus alternator
Expert:  Dennis replied 8 years ago.
Okay then we need to know if the system is actually charging then. Connect a volt meter to the battery. Red to positive and black to negative. Start the engine. Should read 13.8-14.2 or even higher if the battery is low on charge. Did we check all the fuses I mentioned? Number 30 especially. The problem can also be in the instrument panel itself. If the alternator is charging then you need to check for continuity (ohms) on the light green and red wire at the alternator to the back of the instrument panel. Should read close to zero ohms. Let me know!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
you are the man!!!! it was the damm number 11 fues