Frank
Frank, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,25 with GM,14 ASE certifications,
1816887

Display works..I think I shorted out one of the speakers for a second

Customer Question

I have a radio that is not putting out sound. The display works, and I can access all functions. I think I shorted out one of the speakers for a second. radio part #15850275. Is their more than 1 fuse, or any tricks to reset it. If not and I get a new one will I need to go to the dealer and have it programed. if so will the vehicle drive without it being programed or do I just take the radio?
Category: Car
Expert:  Frank replied 8 years ago.
If you have no audio more then likley you still have a shorted speaker-the radio output is on a circuit breaker type of set up and when it shorts you loose all audio-when the short goes away it will come back-unless you have a Bosse amplifier.You need to unplug the radio and check the continuity of each speaker circuit-then all you need to do is trac that one down.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Frank's Post: I know which speaker it was and disconnected it. Still no audio. Is their a fuse on the radio or something?
Expert:  Frank replied 8 years ago.
No-its internal circuit protection.If you unplug all the speakers at the radio you can test it- and also put 1 speaker at a time at the radio-its unusall for the radio to be bad,