Daryl, Shop Owner, Certified Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

2002 Kia Optima: Camshaft Position Sensor..pigtail connector..harness

I broke the connector for the Camshaft Position Sensor on my 2002 Kia Optima 2.4L. I cannot find the pigtail connector to replace it. Kia parts say that they only sell the entire harness. I do not see paying $650 for an enrite wiring harness to get a $5 connector. Can I use another pigtail from another manufacturer? I have also heard that many shops keep connector kits. I would imagine this is so that they can just fix the connector if one is broken during a repair. That makes sense because I cannot see telling a customer or even a shop manager that they need to eat the cost a new harness just for one connector. Any suggestions.
Category: Car
Expert:  Daryl replied 8 years ago.
Yes you can use a connector from another sources these are many times available in the after market, you should check you local auto parts store sometimes they are good sources for these connectors.