2005 buick: air, the blower, is not blowing air

Customer Question

I have a 2005 buick lacrosse. When I press the button to turn the air condition on, no air is coming out, the fan, the blower, is not blowing air. I put it on "auto". nothing. Can you tell me the problem(s). How much out of pocket would it cost to fix it. I have less than 22,000 miles on this car---is it still under factory warranty?
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.

Ok lets address the warranty issue first. Your vehicle should be under a gm warranty depending on the actual delivery date. If you post the last 8 digits of your vin# XXXXX can verify this for you.

As far as the actual problem is concerned, do you hear the a/c compressor operating when you select a/c? When you change the temp setting, does everything seems as it should, but you just simply have no blower motor activation?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
vin# XXXXX 8: 51236320   I do here a change in the engine(the compressor coming on), all the controls work(I can change the temp, etc.) But no blower moter activation.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
Ok your bumper to bumper warranty started on 2-17-2005. This warranty was good for 3 years. So your warranty has run out as of 2-17-2008. So this would make you responsible for this repair. The very first thing I would check is that the fuse labeled BATT MAIN 4 in the underhood electrical center is not blown. This is the main power source for the blower motor and the blower motor processor. Testing for this type of trouble is a bit tough without a scan tool that can watch certain parameter in the climate control system. Normally this problem is caused by either the blower motor itself, or possibly the blower motor control processor. If this is a blower motor malfunction, you will be looking at 1/2 hour to replace and $155.49 for the motor. As far as the blower motor control processor goes, you will be looking at 1/2 hours of labor, and i do not have an accurate price for the part. I would figure artound the $150.00 mark for that item if it is found to be the cause. Feel free to contact me with any questions or problems! Good luck!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
No problem! Thanks for the accept and for using! Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!