TERRY
TERRY, Technician
Experience:  10 YEARS EXPERIENCE, INTERPROVINCIALY LICENCED IN CANADA BY THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO
10264523

1990 Oldsmobile Regency: 85k miles..I have a question about my starter

I have an 1990 Oldsmobile Regency 98. Approx. 85k miles in excellent shape. I have a question about my starter. When I turn the key it cliecks but does not turn the fly wheel. I have checked my battery and per AAA it is ok. I removed the starter from my car and had it tested and it works fine. The only event that happened from the time I turned my car off the night before and the next morning whereit sis not start was that the AAA person removed my battery then put it back in. Could I possible have a siezed engine?
Category: Car
Expert:  TERRY replied 8 years ago.

hi

engines not siezed

likley just a bad starter. I know you took it out and tested it but I am sure thats the problem. also make sure all connections at the battery and starter are tight and clean.