Tristan Franklin
Tristan Franklin, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  8yrs. exp. engine repair performance brakes electrical air condition
10186415

2004 GMC Envoy six cylinder Engine diagnostic code P0410 ...

Customer Question

2004 GMC Envoy six cylinder Engine diagnostic code P0410 Secondary Air Injection system malfunction and P0016 CMP correlation B1 sensor A. The check engine light is on most of the time but sometimes will cut off. Also noticed that if light changes while I am driving, whether off to on or on to off, cruise control doesn''t work until car has been turned off for a few minutes. What should I look for?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tristan Franklin replied 8 years ago.

P0016 the fix is usually the CMP actuator if nobody have touch the timing on the truck.

P0410 check the air pump for water inside, if no evidence of water there is a TSB for replacing the oxygen sensor listed. good luck. i hope i helped and please accept my answer. thanks T-MAN

Object Number: 730852  Size: SH
Click here for detailed picture of above imageidth=

• Disconnect the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) electrical connector (1).
  •  

Object Number: 744600  Size: SH

• Remove the camshaft position actuator solenoid retaining bolt (3).
  • Remove the camshaft position actuator solenoid (2) from the engine block.
  • Clean debris from the hole (1).
  • Customer: replied 8 years ago.
    i pulled the hoses off the sec air pump and had water come out? i started without the hoses connected and the pump works. would water in the hoses cause the P0410 code, and would it cause the o2 sensor to fail or give a bad reading? what o2 sensor should i be worried about, before or after cat?...also is there a way to check the o2 sensor to see if it's bad or not? cmp...is it a sensor or solenoid or both?...in the above diagram...no one has messed with the timing...and i see no performance issues at all...i think i may be getting worse mpg but that may be the water throwing off o2 sensor readings or bad o2 sensor...thoughts? thanks
    Customer: replied 8 years ago.
    checked o2 sensor before cat and it tested good....going to hopefully check the o2 sensor after the cat tonight......any thoughts?