wrench9124
wrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Certified, ASE Master Certified, 32 years exp, GM Hybrid Certified, GM Mark of Excellence
5720312

Cadillac STS: you unlock the DVD player so your passagers

Customer Question

I have a cadillac STS 2005. How do you unlock the DVD player so your passagers can watch a movie while the car is in motion
Category: Car
Expert:  wrench9124 replied 8 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JA!!!! you can not unlock the factory dvd player to operat while vehicle is motion. this was done for safety reasons.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to wrench9124's Post: I know it can be done as I seen other cars with the same unit playing while in motion. thanks
this dvd operation is programmed this way. the software in the radio would need to changed. I dont know of anybody in the dealership will change the software. I know there are some aftermarket dvd players that will operate while moving. but none of gm will operate this way.