my 2003 cadillac cts wipers will not turn off. in the off ...

Customer Question

my 2003 cadillac cts wipers will not turn off. in the off postion ,when i start my car they 3 or 4 times. if i get out of the for 30 mins. an get back in it doesn,t do it, but if it,s 45 mins, or more it will wipe 3 or 4 times .
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
Ok the first test you will need to do is to remove the fuse labeled WPR SW located in the underhood electrical center. After you do this, you will need to see if this problem reoccurs. If it does, it would lead me to think that this would be a problem related to the wiper control module located on the back of the wiper motor. If the problem goes away, I would feel that this would be the actual windshield wiper switch. There are some wiring tests that will need to be done to be certain, but we need to do this test first! Feel free to contact me with any questions! Good luck!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Wiper fuse was removed and the trouble did not occur again with the fuse out. I repalced the fuse and trouble returned. In order to preform wiring tests where would I be able to get a wiring diagram for the wiper system.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.

Ok, as I said, this would indicate more of a problem with the wiper switch itself. Here is a wiring schematic of the system so that you can see how this is wired. Removing the fuse as you have done, removes the chance of this being a wiper control module problem.

Object Number: 638876  Size: FS