Your Auto Inspector
Your Auto Inspector, Assistant Service Manager
Experience:  Tires Plus

2005 Pacifica: remove the interior seats

Customer Question

I want to remove the interior seats of my 2005 Pacifica and replace them with new leather seats. Do I need a special tool to remove them? How do I go about taking them out?
Category: Car
Expert:  Your Auto Inspector replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for using Just Answer. I would be glad to assist you.

Are you removing the complete seats and installing new complete seat assemblies?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to drhorsefield's Post: yes, we are removing the complete seats in all three rows which are fabric, and replaceing them with leather seats. I see a square headed bolt. How do we remove these bolts , and is it necessary to lift the carpeting?
Only the front seats are bolted down. The technical service manual does not identify any special bolt holding the seat brackets. The front seats should be removed with a 15mm or 17mm socket. There is a bolt at each corner of the seat. Once the bolts are removed, you must disconnect the seat module electrical connectors from the wiring harness. Then lift the seat out of the vehicle.

Both the second and third row seats have a release handle on the back of the seat. This pulls the latch release cable so you can remove the seats.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.