Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

1999 gmc: jimmy, climate control just blows heat..clutch..interior

1999 gmc jimmy, climate control just blows heat, a/c lights when button depressed and clutch engages. The directional control works(ie face,feet,face and feet, ect.) also the fan control is working correct, the recycle interior button and draw air from exterior both are working, is there any trouble shooting codes that can be pulled or a way to reset the control, thanks Tom
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.

There is a procedure to recilbrate the system. Here is how that is done. Keep in mind that this is for the automatic climate control system. Feel free to contact me with any findings or problems! Good luck!

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
  2. Remove the RDO BATT fuse for 10 seconds and then reinstall the fuse.
  3. Place the ignition switch in the RUN position and wait 40 seconds for the ECC module to initialize.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: Did as you described. it did sound like a small motor was trying to run in the back of the dash. we started the jimmy and it still blows hot air
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
Ok is there any temperature change at all?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: no, as the temp reheated the heat coming out of the blower became warmer
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
Well at this point, I would first recommend a test of this system to verify that there are no trouble cdes associated with this problem. See this system is rather advanced and can actually set a trouble code much like that of a check engine light. The problem is actually removing this trouble code. You need a scan tool like the pros use trhat cost $3000.00+. This can save you alot of money and time. Honestly, the next step is to located the actuator and verify that is is in fact moving and that the door attached to it is also moving as it should. The problem with this is that the complete instrument panel needs to be removed to access the actuator. There are no short cuts. You must physically remove the whole unit to access the actuator that sits on top of the hvac box. If you would like I can give you info on how to do this. Feel free to contact me with any questions! Good luck!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
After your last post before this one I figured that is were it was going. I had stated I thought I heard a motor or servo noise. Thanks we have a chilton manual and will tear the dash off..
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.

Ok, keep in mind that it may not be a bad idea to have this system scanned just to verify that there are no trouble codes present. As I said, this system is pretty advanced and can be pretty difficult to properly diagnose without the proper testing.

Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience: ASE CERTIFICATION