Shawn
Shawn, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  PA Certified Inspection emissions, ASE Brakes Suspension, Lead diagnostic Tech.20 years exp

How do I program a keyless remote for a 2003 L200 Thanks, John

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.

John,

Do you need to just resync your remote due to a battery replacement in the remote or car itself or do you need to program a new remote?

Shawn

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had to replace the body control module and now the keyless remote does not work. I assume that the keyless remote needs to be reprogramed.
Thanks,John
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.

Replacing the BCM will require the remotes to be reprogammed. The problem is that you need a scan tool with the proper software to perform the programming. Here is the procedure for reprogramming if you have access to a tool. If not you should put a call into a local garage that does diagnostic work or the dealer. If it were just a battery change you could resync without programming.

KEYLESS ENTRY -2003 Saturn L200 Page 1 of 1

TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING

IMPORTANT:Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate
or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other
vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode.
This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the
incorrect vehicle. The order in which the transmitters
are programmed is important. The first transmitter
programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second
transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. Use care
to program the transmitters correctly.

Programming RKE Transmitters

IMPORTANT:All key fobs must be programmed each time any one fob is
programmed. The scan tool must stay connected until all
of the transmitters are programmed.

1.Install a scan tool.
2.Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.
3.Select Remote Function Actuation.
4.Select Special Functions.
5.Select Program Key Fobs.
6.Select the number of key fobs to be programmed.
7.Press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on
the first transmitter for approximately 15 seconds. The Power
Locks should cycle to confirm programming of the first fob is
complete.
8.If you are programming more than one transmitter, repeat the
previous step to program up to four transmitters.
9.Remove the scan tool.
10.Exit the vehicle. Attempt to lock/unlock the doors to verify the
programming.
11.Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct
system operation.

Shawn

Shawn, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: PA Certified Inspection emissions, ASE Brakes Suspension, Lead diagnostic Tech.20 years exp
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, Do you know if the miles can be reset to the proper miles on the car after replacing the body control module?
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.

I believe the TECH 2 tool used by the dealers can do this with a resync with the PCM.

Shawn

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your help!