supertech
supertech, mastertech
Experience:  ase master auto tech,triple chrys master tech,42 yr experinece,adv. level spec. ASE. HEV chrys spec.
9510839

my automatic chrysler cirrus 2000 wont start.

I just changed the battery to a brand new one. I drove and stopped a couple of times. But now won't start. The lights come on fine when i turn the ignition key but no kicking sound. The gear is set to parking and no error signal on dash board.What might be wrong and how do i fix this? Thanks.

Hi my name is John.

What size engine do you have?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
am Ben,
its a v6 i believe and a 2.5liter engine

graphic

graphic

The starter relay is located in the Power Distribution Center (PDC) in the engine compartment. Refer to the PDC label for relay identification and location.
Remove the starter relay from the PDC as described to perform the following tests:

1. A relay in the de-energized position should have continuity between terminals 87A and 30, and no continuity between terminals 87 and 30. If OK, go to Step 2. If not OK, replace the faulty relay.
  2. Resistance between terminals 85 and 86 (electromagnet) should be 75 °5 ohms . If OK, go to Step 3. If not OK, replace the faulty relay.
  3. Connect a battery B+ lead to terminals 86 and a ground lead to terminal 85 to energize the relay. The relay should click. Also test for continuity between terminals 30 and 87, and no continuity between terminals 87A and 30. If OK, refer to Relay Circuit Test procedure. If not OK, replace the faulty relay. Relay Circuit Test
  1. The relay common feed terminal cavity (30) is connected to battery voltage and should be hot at all times. If OK, go to Step 2. If not OK, repair the open circuit to the PDC fuse as required.
  2. The relay normally closed terminal (87A) is connected to terminal 30 in the de-energized position, but is not used for this application. Go to Step 3.
  3. The relay normally open terminal (87) is connected to the common feed terminal (30) in the energized position. This terminal supplies battery voltage to the starter solenoid field coils. There should be continuity between the cavity for relay terminal 87 and the starter solenoid terminal at all times. If OK, go to Step 4. If not OK, repair the open circuit to the starter solenoid as required.
  4. The coil battery terminal (86) is connected to the electromagnet in the relay. It is energized when the ignition switch is held in the Start position. On vehicles with a manual transmission, the clutch pedal must be fully depressed for this test. Check for battery voltage at the cavity for relay terminal 86 with the ignition switch in the Start position, and no voltage when the ignition switch is released to the On position. If OK, go to Step 5. If not OK with an automatic transmission, check for an open or short circuit to the ignition switch and repair, if required. If the circuit to the ignition switch is OK, see the Ignition Switch Test procedure. If not OK with a manual transmission, check the circuit between the relay and the clutch pedal position switch for an open or a short. If the circuit is OK, see the Clutch Pedal Position Switch Test procedure.
  5. The coil ground terminal (85) is connected to the electromagnet in the relay. On vehicles with an automatic transmission, it is grounded through the park/neutral position switch only when the gearshift selector lever is in the Park or Neutral positions. On vehicles with a manual transmission, it is grounded at all times. Check for continuity to ground at the cavity for relay terminal 85. If not OK with an automatic transmission, check for an open or short circuit to the park/neutral position switch and repair, if required. If the circuit is OK, see the Park/Neutral Position Switch Test procedure. If not OK with a manual transmission, repair the circuit to ground as required

I will send some more test in a couple of minutes.

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphicgraphic

graphic

Let me know what else you need.

Please push the accept button when were done.

Thank you for choosing just answer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
waiting for the rest of your answer sir. Thanks. By the way i appreciate your response. its very insightful. Thanks again.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
oh by the way how do you do powertrain verification test?

graphic

Let me know .