Darren, ASE Master Tech. With L1
Experience:  over 20 Years experience as tech Currently teaching auto repair Ford certified and Nissan Certified

Rattle..The noise occurs when first let off the clutch..RPM

Customer Question

I have a metal rattle that sort of sounds like an off balance fan. The noise occurs when first let off the clutch and at low RPM''s only. Once I get up to a decent RPM, the noise goes away. I have a Ford f150 1999 manual transmission, 4wd.
Submitted: 8 years ago via OnlineAutoRepair.
Category: Car
Expert:  Darren replied 8 years ago.

The way you are describing it, it sounds like the release bearing (throw out bearing). If the noise goes away when you push the clutch pedal down then that would be the release bearing. I hope this info helps. If you have anymore questions please email us again. Please remember to click the accept button. Thank you