Your Auto Inspector
Your Auto Inspector, Assistant Service Manager
Experience:  Tires Plus
10675526

1993 cadillac deville motor mount replacement

the air conditioner compressor is hitting the frame when car is gassed in reverse. Replace the right rear mount? If so how?

Sounds like it could be the transaxle mount, but I would consider inspecting the torque strut as well. I have included diagrams and instructions to replace all of the mounts if necessary.

graphic

graphic

Right Side Removal

1. Disable airbag system as described under MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES/AIRBAG SYSTEM DISARMING.
  2. Relieve fuel pressure as outlined under MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES/FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE RELIEF.
  3. Open hood, then remove engine bracket to engine brace.
  4. Remove engine bracket to mount attaching nuts.
  5. Raise and support vehicle.
  6. Using suitable jack stands, support vehicle at each front frame horn.
  7. Remove two nuts on engine mount securing it to frame. Fig. 4.
  8. Remove two nuts securing transaxle bracket to mount.
  9. remove two nuts securing transaxle mount to frame bracket. Install engine support tool No. J 28467 or equivalent, then raise engine until bracket is clear of mounts.
  10. Remove stud and two bolts that secure bracket to block, then pull mount and bracket forward to remove.
  11. Remove transaxle mount bracket, then mount assembly.

Install or Connect

1. Position engine mount and bracket in place between cylinder block and frame. Secure bracket to block with one stud and two bolts.
    • Tighten to 46 Nm (34 lb.ft.)
  1. Position transaxle mount and bracket in place between transaxle and frame. Secure bracket to transaxle with two bolts.
    • Tighten to 46 Nm (34 lb.ft.)

Note: Guide motor mount into location while lowering engine.

1. Lower engine, connect engine mount to frame and transaxle mount to frame bracket with two nuts each.
    • Tighten 31 Nm (22 lbs.ft.)
  1. Connect two nuts to engine mount studs and two nuts to transaxle mount studs.
    • Tighten 31 Nm (22 lbs.ft.)
  1. connect Brace from engine bracket to engine.
  2. Remove stands and lower hoist.

Left Front Transaxle Mount

3. Raise and support vehicle.
  4. Using suitable jack stands, support vehicle at each front frame horn.
  5. Remove mount to transaxle bracket and frame attaching nuts.
  6. Install engine support tool No. J 28467 or equivalent, raise engine, then remove bracket to transaxle attaching bolts.
  7. Raise engine assembly until brackets are clear.
  8. Pull mount and bracket upward to remove.
  9. Reverse procedure to install.
  10. Rearm airbag system as described under MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES/AIRBAG SYSTEM DISARMING.

Left Rear Transaxle Mount

3. Raise vehicle hood, install engine support tool No. J 28467 or equivalent, then raise and support vehicle.
  4. Remove rack and pinion three righthand attaching bolts.
  5. Remove mount attaching nuts and bolts.
  6. While moving rack and pinion up and forward, remove mount assembly.
  7. Reverse procedure to install.
  8. Rearm airbag system as described under MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES/AIRBAG SYSTEM DISARMING.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
WHERE IS THE STRUT YOU MENTIONED THANKS
The torque strut is in the upper left box of the first diagram. It bolts to the bracket above the radiator.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
there is no torque strut on car!? Thanks, Wayne
Does it not have a front top mount (torque strut is commonly referred to as a dogbone because of its shape)? According to the diagram it bolt above the center of the radiator and to your engine.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no it is not there . there is nothing between the motor and the radiator.
I would then assume that the front lower engine mount serves as a torque dampener.