supertech
supertech, mastertech
Experience:  ase master auto tech,triple chrys master tech,42 yr experinece,adv. level spec. ASE. HEV chrys spec.
9510839

why dos car chokes when push the gas pedle quickly.

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  supertech replied 6 years ago.

Hi my name is John.

Are you saying that when you step in the gas pedal it has a flat spot?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hello John.yes,when i step on the gas pedal it has a flat spot.thanks (J)
matt.
Expert:  supertech replied 6 years ago.

Your throttle postion sensor is bad.

What size engine do you have,i might be able to send you a picture of where on the throttle body it is.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi john,its,a 2.2L
Expert:  supertech replied 6 years ago.

graphic

graphic

graphic

1. Measure voltage between YELLOW/WHITE (+) terminal and GREEN/WHITE (-) terminal. Voltage should read approx 5.0 volts . If not, measure voltage between YELLOW/WHITE (+) terminal and chassis ground;
    • If 5.0 volts is measured check for open in GREEN/WHITE (-) wire between Programmed Fuel Injection Electronic Control Module (PGM-FI ECM) D22 and TPS connector.
    • If 5.0 volts is not measured, Turn ignition switch off, install test harness between PGM-FI ECM and harness connector, turn ignition on. measure voltage between terminal D20 (+) and D22 (-), if 5.0 volts is measured, inspect for open in YELLOW/WHITE wire between D20 and TPS connector. If 5.0 volts is not measured, substitute known good PGM-FI ECM and retest.
  1. Turn ignition switch off. Reconnect the three pin connector at the TPS. Install the test harness between the PGM-FI ECM and the harness connector. Turn ignition switch on.
  2. Measure voltage between terminal D11 (+) and terminal D22 (-). Voltage should read approx. 0.5 volts at closed throttle position and approx. 4.5 volts at full throttle position with a smooth transition in between. If not, replace TPS with known good part and retest.

Now you will be able to test it if you want.

Let know if you need more.

Please push the accept button when were done

Thank you for choosing just answer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi John, thanks.by the way when i turn the adjusting crew there was verry little chaege in the ideling.The car has a coolair intake that is route to the front fender.and it rain quite a bit in florida.What do you think.
by the way i will do as you say.
thanks matt.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
by the way i will do as you say.
thanks matt.
Expert:  supertech replied 6 years ago.
Are you sucking in water into the throllle body?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes i belive that at one point water was suck into the TB.
Expert:  supertech replied 6 years ago.
You might want to clean your throttle body also at the same time,and move the intake for the air filter higher.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, M
Expert:  supertech replied 6 years ago.

Your welcome

please push the accept button when were done.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks,My friend John.
Will talke to you some other time.
matt.
Expert:  supertech replied 6 years ago.
ok
supertech, mastertech
Experience: ase master auto tech,triple chrys master tech,42 yr experinece,adv. level spec. ASE. HEV chrys spec.