Kyle N.
Kyle N., ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master tech, L1, CA. Smog License,

Still can not find out why radio turns off when turn key to start car

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 8 years ago.
Okay does it come back on or is this a general question as to why the radio shuts off then comes back when you start the car?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When you turn key to 1st click radio comes on then when you turn to second click and start car radio goes off and stays off then when turn car off radio comes on and stays on until open door like suppose to do also same time this happened the door lock dont work when put in gear !!!
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 8 years ago.
Ah I see. Sounds like you have a bad ignition switch causing your problem. The contacts get worn out in the switch and cause some functions not to work with the ignition in the on position. I'm not talking about the part the key goes into but the electrical switch on the back. Any Honda dealer will have this part in stock they go bad quite a bit.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is this something I can change myself or should I take to dealer !! This is a 99 Cadilac Cateria not Honda !!
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 8 years ago.
Oh well your question ended up in the Honda section sorry about that. I'm going to open this up to Cadilliac experts because I'm not sure if that's your problem.