Ask Proud Hyundai Owner (Corey) Your Own ...
Proud Hyundai Owner (Corey)
Proud Hyundai Owner (Corey), ASE Master/Hyundai Master
Experience:  Working cars 18 years on Hyundais since 1998 acheived highest level of technician awards for Hyundai

I have a 2002 Hyundai Sonata..The alarm keeps going ...

I have a 2002 Hyundai Sonata..The alarm keeps going off inter mittantly...Any Ideas why...People have said it could be the door sensors..where are they located...also is there a fuse that can be pulled so that the alarm will quit going off?
Check under the hood pass side on the hood there should be a rubber bumper for a pin switch or the pin switchon the inner fender may have gotten pushed downward.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Proud Hyundai Owner (Corey)'s Post: That wasn't it..any other ideas??I was at least able to disconnect the audible alarm, although the lights keep flashing
Damaged or disconnected wiring of a door key cylinder and trunk lid key cylinder switch input circuit ETACS module faultyRepair the harness or replace a door key cylinder and the trunk lid key cylinder switch Replace the ETACS module
Hello again, I was wonder how far you have gotten and if any of the information I gave was helpful. Please if it was accept me and feedback.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It appears that it has to do with the Driver Side rear door lock malfunctioning. When locked from the FOB, the back door lock is not locking, which must be creating some type of short. Have you ever heard of this?? Your second response seems a bit too technical & vague..However, based on your answer on the hood switch, I was able to locate and disconnect the audible alarm..Which my neighbors appreciate..

Hello again, I am sorry it took soo long but I don't get home until 6pm central standard time.

The rear actuator if comes unlocked or shows to be unlocked after it is armed it will set off the alarm. In answer to your question yes I have seen this happen.