Rich
Rich, Technician
Experience:  ase certified, mitsubishi certified, kia certified and landrover certified technician
10415458

A suspension fault on my 05 LR3 after driving a block or so..sits

I get a suspension fault on my 05 LR3 after driving a block or so. It states suspension fault normal height only. How do I determine which sensor is bad since the vehicle sits normally. I''m able to raise and lower the vehicle if the fault doesn''t appear sometimes in the driveway. I tried resetting it by disconnecting the battery but that didn''t seem to help. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Category: Car
Expert:  Rich replied 8 years ago.
These faults can not be cleared without the use of our Land Rover testbook.But it sounds like you may have a height sensor fault. The only way to determine which one is to have it hooked up to testbook(our laptop). We have had some intermittent faults on a couple of these 2005 where it turned out to be a harness problem. A repair pigtail harness is make for that.Unfortunately you will not be able to repair this at home without the equipment.