importdoctor, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years experience

99 saturn: crank..replaced fuel pump..problem, car started running

my 99 saturn has intrmittent starting problems. car will crank over and have spark at plugs but will not start. replaced fuel pump thinking that was problem, car started running but only when cold . it will run for awhile then after parking it for awhile it will not start again until next morning or after it sits awhile in the shade. ran like this for a week but now seems to be getting worse. need help? has a sohc motor
Category: Car
Expert:  importdoctor replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using just answer. If you have already confirmed good spark and fuel pressure is good then I recommend you check the coolant temperature located just below the upper radiator hose port on the cylinder head. They are known for cracking internally and seeping coolant into the harness resulting in this condition.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
when in the condition of not starting my creader code reader will not register any codes or info. will that sensor cause that? when car is running, code reader works and shows all codes clear.
Did you read my lat reply? Check this first. Will not set codes if the computer is given a reading- in most cases this is a false reading creating a subfreezing reading and flood out.