Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mehanic 39 years,30 with the NYPD Fleet Service Division

I own a 2005 4 wheel drive !500 series Silverado

I own a 2005XXXXX!500 series Silverado. I am having trouble with the transmission. The serviceXXXXXlite comes on . This is the second time it has happened. I put it in the shop and a part was replaced. Now it is doing the same thing. Are these vehicles prone to have this problem. My warranty is expired or I would have put it in the shop again. The vehicle has 63000 miles on it. I owned a new 200 Silverado and had no trouble with it whatsoever. I thought when I bought tis vehicle it would give me a few years of service trouble free. Boy, was I mistake. Help me please I am so disgusted I am ready to go to Toyota or Ford. I have always been a General Motors owner. Very dissatisfied in Indiana.
Category: Car
Expert:  Roadside Jerry replied 8 years ago.

Hi,there have been a few TSB's for problems with the serviceXXXXXlight coming on. They have had to replace modules,and sensors,and reprogram with updated software. I will send you the latest TSB that I could find. The problem needs to checked with factory scan tool to be sure, the code will guide the mechanic to what repairs are needed. Here is the TSB,I hope this helps.I know how you feel,but any make can give you these problems,they systems are becoming more complex,and costly to repair.