Steve, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs experience as a professional working technician; ASE L1 master technician

My cars steedring wheel turn the cars wheels..automatic..steering

Customer Question

Will My cars steedring wheel turn the cars wheels better when I finally get the engine started. Even though it does'nt have automatic steering. Just rack and pinion 1989 Isuzu pickup
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.

If you do not have power steering, then having the engine running will not affect how easily the steering wheel turns. Manual steering requires the same amount of effort whether the engine is running or not.

What does make a difference is whether the vehicle is moving. It is easier to turn the steering wheel on a manual steering vehicle when the car is rolling.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Becuase the steerring wheel nut is stripped the bolt but the steering wheel is on tight. Should this be the cuase of the problem. Or is that not a major concern on how the steering wheel turns the tires