OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic
9051600

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse: v6..my clutch peddle..hood..cylinders

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse v6, I jumped in it and pushed my clutch peddle in to start it and noticed that there was no resistance on the peddle when I tried to put it in gear it would not go. I then popped the hood to check the clutch fill cup and notice it was empty I looked for any leaking around the master and slave cylinders and lines but didn''t see anything. I then fill the cup back up with clutch fluid and tried to bleed the system but it will not hold any fluid.
Category: Car
Expert:  OnlineHelp replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Do not keep adding fluid. It sounds like either the master cylinder or the slave cylinder is leaking internally. You will need to have them replaced. If too much fluid was lost it is very possible that you will have to replace the clutch due to fluid-soaked clutch disc.

You may just need to replace the two cylinders, however if you keep adding fluid and trying to bleed it or attempt to drive, it will get only worse. Do not keep adding fluid.