Derrick
Derrick, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.-Automotive Analysis A6-Electrical A8/L1-Engine Performance Cert., CA Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge Tech
7680243

I have a 2000 Chrysler 300m, a Cd got stuck in my CD ...

I have a 2000 Chrysler 300m, a Cd got stuck in my CD player, I took it apart to try to remove the CD and now my radio or Cd palyer does not work, I assume it's some kind of security measure for theft, but there is nothing in the manual on how to reset the radio, can you help me.....
Category: Car
Expert:  Derrick replied 8 years ago.
Hi there. Well there is actually no security finction in this radio, I have replaced many of them. I think you either damaged something gatting the CD out, of blew a fuse during removal and replacement. I would check your fuses and make sure you are getting power and ground to the radio, but if they are good the problem is most likely internal to the radio. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well i don't think it's a fuse the lights are blinking on the cd player, and the radio was still working while the cd was stuck in the player, only after I unplugged the cd player in an attempt to unscrew the the casiing to remove the cd, once I put the cd player back the radio would not work, but the cd player is still blinking......
Expert:  Derrick replied 8 years ago.
So you know that you have power and ground to the radio. It sounds to me like something was damaged during removal of your CD. Perhaps try and disconnect you battery for one minute and reconnect it, but the problem sounds internal to the radio. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I sent a reply..... Is there a way to reset my radio, i believe once I removed the cd player, it caused the problem, i know a lot of car factory radios, cd players have this function, once it has been tampered with it needs to be reset,does my car have this feature, or maybe only the dealer can tell me that.
Expert:  Derrick replied 8 years ago.

Your radio does not have anything like that. You should be able to just plug it in and go. I recommended performing a battery disconnect, but it was most likely damaged as a result of the removal of the stuck CD. You can either replace it, of you can take it to a radio repair shop and see what they will charge to repair it. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions!