Jason, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15 years of mechanical repair with many ASE certifications

2003 Saturn Vue: 2.2L..I believe that the transmission has gone out.

Customer Question

I own a 2003 Saturn Vue,2.2L FWD. I believe that the transmission has gone out. I had one transmission shop say they can rebuild and another say they can''t rebuild just replace the only replacement that they can find will cost me $5100.00 the other shop says it can be rebuilt for 2800.00 Which is telling the truth can it be rebuilt or most I buy a used transmission and replace it. The transmission is rare I am told because it is no longer used by GM.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jason replied 8 years ago.
Welcome to just answer Harry
First of all is the replacement transmission at $5100.00 Brand new with labor included?
Second thing yes it can be rebuilt, but i would like to see a at least a 12,000 12 month warranty on the rebuild. Get back with me I have some questions to ask about your saturn