Jason
Jason, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15 years of mechanical repair with many ASE certifications
10769527

1992 Buick Century: 500 miles..battery indicator light coming..fuses

Customer Question

I have a 1992 Buick Century with only 71,500 miles on it that I have had for 3 years. In the past 2 months, I have had problems with the battery indicator light coming on. I replaced all the fuses first, no avail. That day, afterwards, my car started dying on me. I got it home, but when I tried to start it, the battery was dead. I had the battery changed, but that didn''t work. The battery was tested with a low voltage, and the shop said that the alternator either wasn''t connected properly or it had gone bad. I had them test the alternator, and it was fine. My dad put it back in, and magically, it was solved. Apparently the connection was loose. Well, for about a month, it was fine, until yesterday. The battery light came on again. My dad checked the connection to the battery, and the light still came on. Could the wires be broken down? What should I do?

Anyone going to help me with this? I've been waiting all night. Please?

Category: Car
Expert:  Jason replied 8 years ago.
Hello Celtic Woman and welcome to just answer .Sorry for the long wait we have all been very busy helping others.
First let me get this right. The charge light is on and the vehichle will not start?
Will it start if the vehicle is jumped?