Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Service Manager for Bridgstone/ Firestone
9949505

2004 mazda 3: my transmission..security light..dash board..crank

Customer Question

2004 mazda 3 won''t start after i remove my transmission also the security light on the dash board is on , car won''t crank
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim West replied 8 years ago.
Hi thanks for choosing JA

When you replaced the transmission did you have the TCM reflashed? (it's a must)

Be sure to look for broken wires and missing wires that connect the transmission to the
PCM, ground .... etc. I have included a diagram of the A/T systems. If the TCM did get reflashed and no immediate problems are found go to the next step.

It sounds like the TCM (transmission control module) is not communicating properly/ or is bad.

1. Test all of the transmission solenoid circuits for a short to ground. If none of these circuits are shorted to ground, the Transmission Control Module (TCM) may be faulty.

graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i reflash computer also i check all my grounds and power to the computer i check alldata. and some how my ecu cancel the starter , fuel and ignition there's also no cumunication with my link conector obd2 ??????
Expert:  Tim West replied 8 years ago.
When you turn the key to the 'on' position does the Engine light illuminate?

If the vehicle is not communicatin through the obdll it's a possibility the PCM is having a problem
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes my check engine light goes on and i check power to the link conector and is ok also i tried a deferent scanner and same problem
Expert:  Tim West replied 8 years ago.
One more thing to keep in mind. Mazda, in 2003 requires a "can adapter" for communication. Please be sure the equipment is up to date to prevent mis diagnosis.
I need to know the software and version number they are using, also if they are changing the chip in the scan tool to perform the scan.