Your Auto Inspector
Your Auto Inspector, Assistant Service Manager
Experience:  Tires Plus
10675526

99 LINCOLN TOWN CAR: COOLANT..REPLACED ALL HOSES, FLUSHED MY RADIATOR

I HAVE A 99 LINCOLN TOWN CAR WITH ABOUT 66,000 ORIGINAL MILES. ORIGINALLY IT WAS LEAKING WATER/COOLANT AND I TOOK IT TO A LOCAL AUTO STORE. THEY CHARGED ME AROUND $300 AND REPLACED ALL HOSES, FLUSHED MY RADIATOR AND PRESSURE CHECKED MY SYSTEM. A MONTH LATER, I NOTICED MORE COOLANT UNDERNEATH MY CAR. NOW THEY SAY THAT THE INTAKE MANIFOLD IS LEAKING. THEY SAY THE REPAIR COST IS $900. I FOUND OUT THAT FORD HAD A RECALL BUT THAT EXPIRED. I KNEW NOTHING OF THE RECALL UNTIL SURFING ON THE WEB. ANY SUGGESTIONS
Category: Car
Expert:  Your Auto Inspector replied 8 years ago.

I would suggest calling Ford's Customer Satisfaction Center (number provided below) and requesting that the vehicle be included in the Recall. I have included all of the information from the manufacturer's Recall paperwork, including the owner's letter so you can read up on the situation before you call.

I have included the dealer letter for the intake manifold recall below:

graphic

graphic

See the below owner letter for the phone number to Ford's North American Customer Relationship Center. I would call them and let them know the situation. In some cases they will pay for a portion or all of the repairs. They do this from a customer service standpoint. If you stress your dissatisfaction with Ford not repairing your vehicle under Recall, even though it has a known problem, you will likely get some sort of assistance. You might also stress the fact that you never recieved a notification letter from Ford and that you have had on-going coolant leak problems.

graphic

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.