Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Ivan replied 8 years ago.
Did you check all fuses in all the fuse boxes first? Does the passenger seat cool?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
already tried
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
alredy tried
Expert:  Ivan replied 8 years ago.
At the seat cushion ventilation heat & cool module under the drivers seat, you need to measure for power and ground at pin 4 and pin 2. Pin 4 is Dark green, and pin 2 is dark blue. Pin 4 is the voltage return and pin 2 is the blower speed command. Those 2 wires directly control the blower motor for the cooling option. If you have power and ground when commanded on the motor is faulty and the module needs to be replaced. If you do not have power or ground then we have to look at computer control items of this circuit. Check for these inputs and output first and let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When you turn on the cooling switch for this seat you can hear a noise, sounds like a small blower under the seat. I cannot see the blower or any hose or tube under the seat that connect to the seat. There might be a very small amount of cooling to the bottom of the seat cushion towards the rear of the cushion.
The passenger seat gets really cold in a hurry, this seat did also untill a week or so ago. I did find a steel pin looks like a needle bearing laying on the rear carpeting, as I keep this car very clean it had to come from somewhwere lately.
Expert:  Ivan replied 8 years ago.
What did you find?