GM-Frank
GM-Frank, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  37 Years Automotive Diagnosis & Repair. Experience with all makes and models..
10184299

how to change belts on fx35

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  GM-Frank replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I'll send you the information my database offers me and see if it gives you what you need to know.

Remove front engine undercover to access adjuster pulleys from underneath.

graphic

1. Loosen idler pulley lock nut (A) and adjust tension by turning adjusting bolt (B). For the specified belt tension, refer to, "Checking Drive Belts".
  2. Tighten nut (A). : 34.8 Nm (3.5 kgf-cm, 26 ft. lbs.)

A/C COMPRESSOR BELT

1. Remove front engine undercover with power tool.
  2. Loosen idler pulley lock nut (c) and adjust tension by turning adjusting bolt (D).
    • For the specified belt tension, refer to, "Checking Drive Belts".
  1. Tighten nut (c). : 34.8 Nm (3.5 kgf-cm, 26 ft. lbs.)

Specifications are given for Tension Adjustment, however I must be honest, most technicians adjust tension by feel. You don't want the belt to make noise after adjustment, but overtightening can cause other problems. If in doubt, use a belt tension gauge.

graphic

graphic

Drive Belts Tension Adjustment

CAUTION:

• When belt is replaced with a new one, adjust it to value for "New belt" to accommodate for insufficient adaptability with pulley grooves.
  • When deflection or tension of belt being used exceeds "Limit", adjust it to value for "After adjustment".
  • When checking belt deflection or tension immediately after installation, first adjust it to the specified value. Then, after turning crankshaft two turns or more, re-adjust to the specified value to avoid variation in deflection between pulleys.
  • When installing belt, make sure that it is correctly engaged with pulley grooves.
  • Keep engine oil, working fluid and engine coolant away from belt and pulley grooves.
  • Do not twist or bend belt excessively.

This is everything I have on the belt replacement on your vehicle, I hope this is the information you are looking for.

Take Care

Frank