Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

iat sensor on a 2000 ford excursion and what does it look like

Customer Question

Where is the IAT sensor on a 2000 ford excursion and what does it look like
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.
What engine is in your excursion?
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.

Sorry for the info request. Your engine size was not listed when I looked at your question. Here is where the intake air temp sensor is located. Note #17.

Feel free to contact me with any questions! Good luck!

graphic

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: 6.8L v10
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: My truck does not have that harness on the intake. There is a spot where maybe it could be but it is flat and never drilled. Do you have a wiring diagram available that you could give me the color of the wires? or Where it plugs in. The only harness I see is on the bottom of the intake box and has a 6 wire harness attached
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.

Ok I hate to keep you waiting. I looked through my info and cannot find the proper location of this sensor. My data shows it to be installed in the air intake pipe. I am pretty sure that it is built into the mass air flow sensor, but I want to see if we can get other experts to verify this. Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: I appreciate you honesty, that diagram must for for a 5.4L. I wish I had that engine, add the whipple and be all set. Oh well thanks again.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for coming to our website Just Answer. I will do my best to help you resolve your concerns. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am online. If you choose to reply after an answer is posted to say Thanks. Please include "I accept the answer" in your text

Carhelp has asked me to take over this question. If this answers your question please make sure to reply and say I accept Chris's answer.

The MAF and IAT are incorporated into one on the 6.8L

graphicgraphicgraphic

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Not to be a pain but my Plug looks like this
....
..
The hot and ground are side by side under the others.
According to your diagram of the plug my IAT should be a green wire. I have a grey wire, is this accurate? Or am I misunderstanding GN as grey and not green I just want to make sure.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
never mind I relooked at the diagram It shows grey but doesn't tell what the plugs are for. The diagram you gave does not match the plug diagram.

graphic

The diagrams are straight from the ford website so they are and should be for your vehicle unless it is is not a 2000 excursion 6.8L

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
well they are wrong Chris I can tell green from grey and mine is grey and is a 2000 excursion manufactured 9/1999.
Are you sure your not looking at the connector backwards and the gray wire may have the red stripe also. I double checked the previous and aft year models and they were the same. I am using the ford diagrams with my dealer login
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
there is a grey wire with a red stripe and a plain grey wire. Yes I am sure.
graphic
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I figured it out. I ended up going to loo it up and in chiltons and I got it taken care of.
Good deal