Robert
Robert, Technician
Experience:  6 years experience with car repair.
3862310

my 2002 trans am ws6s service engine soon light ...

my 2002 trans am ws6''s service engine soon light came on about 2 weeks ago. What could it be? It''s running fine. Only has 23,000 miles on it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 8 years ago.

Hi There!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer.

If you have a Service Engine Soon (SES) indicator lamp illuminated, your best course of action is to have the car scanned for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). These codes will guide you in the right direction as to what may be the cause. Until you have those codes, however, it is almost completely useless to try to guess what the problem may be.

The Service Engine Soon (SES) light should not be confused with the Service Vehicle soon light, which indicates a problem with a separate system and can not be read with a typical OBD scanner.

When you go to the dealer it would be good for you to ask what codes your vehicle is showing. Also some Auto Zone's will pull codes at no charge.

Thank You! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!