GM-Frank, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  37 Years Automotive Diagnosis & Repair. Experience with all makes and models..

2002 hyundai accent code p1401 what or where to fix and find problem

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  GM-Frank replied 8 years ago.

I'm going to forward you everything I have on this concern.

The hyundai accent GS 1.6L has a DM-TL Diagnistic Module for Tank Leakage Module.

DTC P1401 Diagnostic Module-Tank Leakage: System malfunction

This is not a Evap Leak Code, it is a component malfunction code.

For evaporation monitoring, there are a DM-TL (Diagnosis Module for Tank-Leakage), and an air filter as the illustration.

1. Look for loose connections, sharp bends or damage to the fuel vapor lines.

Look for distortion, cracks or fuel leakage.

After removing the EVAP Canister, inspect for cracks or damage.

Diagnosis Module For Tank Leakage (DM-TL)

The diagnosis module comprises an electromechanically driven 1-overpressure pump together with a 2-change-over valve with integrated 3-reference restriction. In the change-over valve's setting "a" as shown, the pump delivers through the reference restriction. In the other setting the pump delivers through the 4-canister into the fuel-tank system. The engine-management system measures the pump's electrical current consumption in each setting. A comparison of the currents is a measure for the leakage in the tank. If the electrical current consumption is identical in both settings, this means that there is a tank-system leak which is equal to the reference restriction. In order to make the procedure independent of environmental influences and tolerances in the overpressure pump, the system performs a comparison with a reference restriction. Outside of the leakage-diagnosis mode, the change-over valve remains in the "a" setting. The canister can be regenerated via a large flow cross-section, and only an insignificant pressure loss occurs. This is advantageous above all on vehicles with high canister-regeneration rates.

This is absolutely everything My database has to offer on this code.

I would check the Fuel Tank Cap Seal and be sure the Cap is Sealing correctly,

Be sure to have the trouble code cleared,

I hope this is the information you are looking for.