Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

Hyundai accent: that has no pulse and no spark

I have a hyundai accent that has no pulse and no spark. What could be the problem?
Hi there!Did you have a check engine light on before it died?
Ok,The next thing to look at is the cam sensor.Also make sure the timing belt is still in tact.I have seen a lot of times when the sensors espesially the cam sensor isn''t working the timing belt has broke and that is the problem.Once you have those 2 possiblilities checked let me know.Also,when you turn the key on make sure the ck engine light is coming on.This will eliminate the possability of it being the ecm or the ecm fuse.Hope this helps!Thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I had a check engine light before it died and the timing belt is still in place. what should I try next?
Do you have a voltmeter?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to carguy1's Post: Yes, I do
OK.I am thinking the cam position sensor is the bad guy.I can't find any info for tessting it because it is a halo switch.Can't really check it without a scanner or a scope.So,I am going to say put a new cam sensor in it.It controls fuel and spark and is very likley the problem.If you can get your hands on a code reader and you haven't disconnected the battery there is a chance you can pull the code out of the ecm.I hope this helps!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was thinking the same thing. Thank you for your help. You have been very helpful.