supertech, mastertech
Experience:  ase master auto tech,triple chrys master tech,42 yr experinece,adv. level spec. ASE. HEV chrys spec.

2002 Grand AM: rubber shop..noticeable..nothing wrong

Customer Question

On my 2002 Grand AM while driving over small bumps on the road, something in the front passenger side of my car squeaks. It sounds like rubber rubbing against another surface. I had my car look at in a repair shop a year ago when the problem was less noticeable and they said there is nothing wrong with it and the sound is coming from under the dash. The strange thing is, this squeak only happens over small bumps, larger bumps either produce no squeak, or the same squeak as the smaller bumps. Now, the sound is more noticeable, and after pulling and pushing on various places on the car, the sound seems to be coming from the strut-mount area. Is there anything that needs to be lubricated that can solve this problem cheaply and effectively?
Category: Car
Expert:  supertech replied 8 years ago.

Hi my name is John.

I would check the sway bar bushings they squeak sense the car was new on some of this model

GM you to give us double side tape to put on the inside of the bushing..

Let me know

Please push the accept button when were done.

Thank you for choosing just answer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to supertech's Post: Hi John, thanks for the response.
I'm not quite sure what you are saying. Are you suggesting that I ask GM for double sided tape for the bushing? The squeak started about a year ago and has been getting worse since then, and is clearly audible from the inside (and outside) even with the radio on at listening level. Could a bushing even cause noise that loud?
Expert:  supertech replied 8 years ago.
the bushing will squeek when you push the car up and down,i would just replace them
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sounds good. Thanks for your advice.
Expert:  supertech replied 8 years ago.
Your welcome.