Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.

97 Saab: original engine..It is a 97 900 SE 2.0 Turbo convertible

How to know if 97 Saab has the original engine? It is a 97 900 SE 2.0 Turbo convertible.........but has a black Direct Ignition cassette?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 8 years ago.
Hi, the last few numbers normally 5 to 8 of your VIN number will be stamped into your engine and transmission to identify them. Call your dealer and ask the service department where the engine serial numbers are in the engine, and compare them to your VIN number. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.