2004 Cadillac: remote door lock (?) and the vehicle started

Customer Question

Recently purchased 2004 Cadillac DHS. Standing behind vehicle hit remote door lock (?) and the vehicle started. Not aware of remote starter. Can someone tell me why it started?
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.

Your car was not ever actually equipped with a remote start. This means that someone has added onto the factory system and added a remote start. This feature normally is simply an add on to the keyless entry already equipped. Depending on the actual manufacturer they work different. You may want to try to hit the door lock button once to lock the doors and then press and hold the lock button once again. This should cause the vehicle to start. Feel free to contact me with any questions or problems! Good luck!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks that worked. There ought to be a law that says that type of info should be passed on. Thought I had a poltergeist. Thanks again.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
No problem. There is actually a sticker that is to be placed in the engine bay of the vehicle when a remote start is added. This is a warning to anyone that may be working on this vehicle to inform them it does have a remote start and can start at any time! Thanks for using! Good luck!