importdoctor, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years experience

NIssan Maxima: scan mass air flow meter, and spark plugs

Hi, I am having a problem with "service engine soon" light on my 03'' NIssan Maxima, 6 speed manual. I have the OBD II scan tool, and I am getting a P0300 code, which says is "multiple cylinder misfire" I was told all 6 coil packs have been replaced, as well as new mass air flow meter, and spark plugs, shortly before I purchased it a couple of months ago. I have been trying to get an idea of what it may be before I take it to my own mechanic. I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you so much, Kristine

Hello and thank you for using just answer. A scan tool diagnostic should narrow down this concern. Several factors could cause this. Let me provide you with the chart from the Nissan Manual, also not aside from this chart is could be a fuel quality concern such as bad gas/contamination in the tank.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Peter's Post: I appreciate the answer I received from Peter from Just Answer, I have an idea now in what direction the repairs will consist of.