importdoctor, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years experience

G6 GT: shop doesnt seem to get by the filler tube

Customer Question

Ijust traded my G6 GT and I want to get si=ome of the gas out of the tank. A siphon I have in my shop doesn''t seem to get by the filler tube. Is ther an obstruction? At 4$ a gallon I would like to get at lest 5 gal out of the full tank.
Category: Car
Expert:  importdoctor replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using just answer. There is an anti-siphon valve built onto the tank where the filler neck attaches so you most likely will not be able to get any size hose by it. Also the tank is plastic and not equipped with a drain plug. You would either need to command fuel pump with scan tool or jump wire and open the fuel line at the intake manifold to access the fuel. Option 2 would be to remove the fuel tank to drain but this is too much effort for the price of the fuel.