Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

2004 Chevy Trailblazer: I have tried pulling the radio fuse

2004 Chevy Trailblazer - CD is stuck in the player. I have tried pulling the radio fuse to reset it, but that didn't work. When I press the "eject" button, it seems to just make a grinding noise. The CD does play, but we're getting really tired of Christmas music. :) If this requires me to pull the radio, could you please provide instructions on doing that. Thanks.
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
It sounds like you have a serious problem within the actual radio assembly itself. This is not something you can simply take apart without having some serious knowledge of the working internals and some specialized tools. There is no external items to press to get the cd out. This is basically a fault with the complete head unit and really requires a complete replacement. Gm dealer offer an advaced exchange radio in which you basically get a remanufactured head unit and yours is returned as a core. When the broken unit is returned, the head unit is dismantled and the cd is returned to you. I wish I could tell you there was another way, but I have seen this 100 times or better. Feel free to contact me with any quesitons, or if you would prefer a second opinion. Good luck!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks.the vehicle is coming off lease in a few months, so I don't want to put a lot of money or a new radio in the vehicle, or be charged for a radio when I return the vehicle. I don't care about the value of the cd but want to get it out of the player before I return the car. Do you have the instructions for pulling the radio. I am actually fairly handy and mechanically inclined so I am willing to take a shot at repairing it myself. Pulling the radio is what I need the procedures for.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, Here is how to remove the radio. Feel free to contact me with any questions! Good luck!

• Tilt the steering wheel to the full down position.
  • Remove the left closeout/insulator panel .
  • Remove the knee bolster trim panel.
    Object Number: 712814  Size: SH

• Remove the screws retaining the bezel to the instrument panel.
  • Remove the bezel from the instrument panel.
  • If equipped, remove the transfer case shift control switch.
  • Remove the rear wiper washer switch.
  • If equipped, remove the cigar lighter or 12-volt power supply outlets.
  • Remove the bezel from the vehicle.Object Number: 718020  Size: SH

• Remove the 3 screws that retain the radio to the I/P.
  • Partially remove the radio disengaging the radio rear alignment locator (1) to gain access to the electrical connectors.
  • Disconnect the radio antenna cable.
  • Disconnect the electrical connectors to the radio.
  • Remove the radio from the vehicle.