importdoctor
importdoctor, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years experience
9414525

1990 toyota camry: change a Transmission what bolts do i take

Customer Question

I have a 1990 Toyota Camary How doI change a Transmission what bolts do i take off and in what order, and where are they at can you show me an illistration picture, graphics Please
Category: Car
Expert:  importdoctor replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using just answer. Please clarify if you have an automatic or manual transmission and also if you have the 2.0l 4 cylinder or 2.5l v6.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Peter's Post: I have an aotomatic, 2.0lt 4cyl
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ihave a automatic 2.0 4 cylinder

Here are the 2 diagrams for transmission components that need to be removed, you need to remove the intake tubes/battery and cables from the top before removing lower bolts, I would also recommend you replace the engine rear main crankshaft oil seal while the transmission is removed. Please note the transmission has to come out from the bottom and is best done with a transmission jack, this is not a repair I would attempt unless you have access to a lift for the vehicle, you will also need an engine support to hold the engine in place while you remove the transmission.

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Peter's Post: I FOUND OUT THAT IT WASN'T THE TRANSMISSION
Found out what wasn't the transmission? You did not state a concern to me just asked for directions....
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't have to remove the transmission thanks for trying to help.