Robert, Technician
Experience:  6 years experience with car repair.

No Comment Added

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 8 years ago.

Hi There!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer.

What is the Year, Make and Model?

Expert:  Robert replied 8 years ago.

I see the year make and model, thanks. Does it matter if the engine is cold or hot? How was your coolant level?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to gmplus's Post: 1990 izuzu amigo, 4 cyl, standard 5 speed
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it appears that the smoke is their cold and stays after engine is hot. the coolant was at required level, but i replaced as precaution
Expert:  Robert replied 8 years ago.

If there's a heavier white smoke coming out of the tailpipe, that's usually the sign of an engine problem, typically when coolant/antifreeze enters the combustion chamber because of a bad cylinder, head gasket or another problem that ends up burning coolant.

There are other signs that may point to a problem, including oil and antifreeze mixing and the engine, and oil on the dipstick showing a milky consistency. Also, if you're burning coolant, your coolant level may be low. AT this point I would have a compression test done to see if the problem can be found.

Thank You! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!