Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.
9795573

I give gas above the 2500/3000 rpm the engine begins to fail..petrol

Customer Question

Good Afternoon,

I have a Maserati Quattroporte series IV of 1996.
Beginning appear in the panel "CHECK ENGINE" and when I give gas above the 2500/3000 RPM the engine begins to fail if he had not with petrol and turbo pointer of not rising.
When you turn off the car pointer of the turbo is more or less the 1 / 4.
When you turn on the engine pointer of the turbo back to the starting position and the message "CHECK ENGINE" turns off lights and only returns shortly thereafter.

There is someone who can help me.

thanks

Vasco
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 8 years ago.
Vasco

Your car has a built in diagnostic system, that diagnoses problems with the systems on your car. The check engine light is telling you that the onboard diagnostic system has diagnosed at least one problem. You need to get these codes read, they will most likely tell you what is wrong with your car. Once you have the codes then you can proceed with repairing your car knowing what is going on. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.