Daryl, Shop Owner, Certified Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

Yukon: sewing machine on the Interstate

I LOVE my Yukon. It has been faithful to the end. It has 94K miles and still runs like a sewing machine on the Interstate. In town, though, I am feeling a "looseness" as I maneuver through shopping center parking lots, neighborhoods, etc. I especially notice it when turning at a low speed. I want to get a 100K check-up but feel this is either a steering or front end issue. Any suggestions??
Category: Car
Expert:  Daryl replied 8 years ago.
It is very common for the Idler arm and the pitman arm on the front end of this vehicle at this mileage and it would cause the steering issues that you have described but I would take it to a good front end shop and have all the front end parts checked for looseness.