Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

2005 Town & Country Limited: On hot days the ac acts up.

I have a 2005 Town & Country Limited. I live in Florida. On hot days the AC acts up. All controls become non-functioning. Cannot turn AC off or make any adjustments. The temp display shows L''s instead of temp. Blows warm air with fan on highest setting. This will last for a short time to hours. Have started for dealer service location, but it starts working before I get there. Any thoughts?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
Hi there!It sounds like the A/C control head is manlfunctioning.You should leave it at the dealer so they can experience the problem.If it is intermitant,you may have to leave it with them for a couple of day to get it to happen.Most of the a/c control heads these days can also perform self diagnostics,this means the dealer may be able to find the problem without it actually occuring.Hope this helps!Thanks