Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mehanic 39 years,30 with the NYPD Fleet Service Division

Changing axels on a 99 rodeo.Doesnt seem to just pull

Customer Question

Changing axels on a 99 rodeo.Doesn't seem to just pull out like most.What am I missing?
Category: Car
Expert:  Roadside Jerry replied 8 years ago.

Hello XXXXX XXXXX, here are the instructions for the R/R of the axle. Thanks for using Just Answer,Jerry.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Roadside Jerry's Post: I have a replacement axle.I'm not looking for answers on repairing mine.Basically looking for R/R instructions. I was hoping for a answer from someone that has done this other than copying a manual page.Thanks
Hi, The first paragraph is for removing the axle, you take the boot clamp off and remove the clip and pull the axle from the inner joint case.Then unbolt the bracket on the differential #8 in the illustration and remove #10 the inner case.I sent the information from the manual to try and help,and sent the illustrations to show what is mentioned in the directions. Sorry if this is not what you wanted,if you don't believe this will help you please post back and I will opt out and see another expert can further assist you,thanks Jerry.